Valerie Evans is an embroidery artist known for her hand embroidered bridal bouquet portraits and sometimes snarky embroidery hoop art. The married, stay-at-home mom of two started Plaid Love Threads in 2015 after rediscovering the exciting world of embroidery. I sat down with her this week and interviewed her - read below to learn all about her amazing business!
1. Tell us about your business in three sentences.
Plaid Love Threads is a fresh take on an old fashioned art. In addition
to embroidery hoop art, I create hand embroidered jewelry and
specialize in hand embroidered bridal bouquet replicas.
2. Tell us a fun fact about yourself!
I used to be a celebrity/VIP Tour Guide at Disneyland.
3. Where do you draw inspiration from?
I love flowers, so stitching florals just came naturally.
4. What is your productivity routine?
I try to get most things done during the day while the kids are
school. But, like a true night owl, there’s always some late night
stitching going on.
5. If you were a pizza, what toppings would you have on you and why?
I would say pepperoni and pineapple because I think that’s the best
way to describe an extroverted introvert with toppings.
7. Tell us about an experience that left you feeling like you had succeeded with your business.
My work is published in a book! Like, a book you can go and buy and
see my art in there!! How crazy is that?!
8. What's your favorite craft that isn't YOUR craft?
I’m currently fascinated by the current macramé trend.
9. What’s next?
Continue to grow and flourish in my business and teach more embroidery
classes. I’d love to be the first person you think of when you hear
the word embroidery.
As Always, we appreciate your continued support and we miss you!
~ Laura and staff